Unfortunately it means painting over the two large areas I spent several hours stencilling previously. Here is what the two header panels looked like today, before I took a deep breath and obliterated them:
I’ll show you why they had to go:
While Kyla kept cutting some more stencils, I spent a fair bit of time today creating a few test panels to see if I could make it all much more 3D and realistic looking. Here are experiments A though to H. I was really happy with H (on the far right)
I had to wipe out what I’d already done in order to get the new version to work. I painted over all the previous stencils in the two areas.
I also spent a lot of time tweaking the tones, colours and more today. The areas around the bottom of the pillar where the calligraphy is going are a lot more finished.
Here’s how the day transpired: